How To Put Together an Emergency Go-Bag!
With all of the emergencies currently happening in the Butte County region, particularly the fires, the need for an emergency plan for each household is essential in staying safe during these emergencies. SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor expresses that an important component of practicing safety is making a Go-Bag.
SERVPRO has put together a list of items that are needed for your Emergency Go-Bag. These items should be ready to go or are simple to grab during an emergency if you must evacuate quickly. You might not always be at home when a disaster strikes so make sure you keep additional supplies in your car and at work. Make sure to take your Go-Bag with you if you are not going to be home for an extended period of time. Disasters are unpredictable.
Put the following items together in a backpack or another easy to carry container. Make sure each member of your family or household has one of these Go-Bags, including your pets, in case you are separated during the evacuation.
- Radio- Battery Operated
- Emergency Cash and Change for Laundry and Phone Calls
- Sturdy Shoes
- Changes of Clothing
- Water and Food to Last a Few Days
- Photos of Family Members and Pets for Identification Purposes
- List of Emergency Contacts
- List of Allergies to Food and Medications
- Copy of Health Insurance and Identification Cards
- Prescription Medications and First Aid Supplies
- Extra Toiletries
- Extra Keys to Your Home and Vehicle
- Any Special Needs Items for Children, Seniors or People With Disabilities
Make sure you are keeping yourself and your family members safe during these unpredictable emergencies.
Call your local fire department or American Red Cross for further preparedness tips and practices.