If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (530) 899-9141

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Why Should I Care About Mold in My Ducts?

8/21/2017 (Permalink)

Mycotoxin- "a toxic secondary metabolite produced by mold and is capable of causing disease and death in humans and animals after long-term exposure."

Mold is everywhere.

It is outside. It is inside. It exists everywhere. Mold can grow just about anywhere where there is excess moisture. With that being the case, your HVAC system may be one of the most perfect environments to initiate mold growth. Mold, in HVAC units, is normally found in AC evaporator coils, drip pans, and in the ductwork itself. It is not always visible on the outside. This situation may be incredibly dangerous. If left unchecked excessive mold spores may contaminate the air in your home which could lead to serious health issues.

Let us cover what mold is before diving any deeper into the concerns of mold growth in your home. Mold growth in the outside environment is natural and is good for the environment. Mold spores, again, is found everywhere both inside and outside. However, mold growth inside of your home may be especially dangerous when it is located in an actively used duct system. Since ductwork circulates the air throughout your home mold growth located in, or around, your duct system could mean that your family is breathing unclean, contaminated, air. The mycotoxins released by different molds can be harmful if exposed to regularly. These toxins enter the body, either through breathing, touch, or consuming, and they can cause brain development and activity issues and may lead to serious diseases.

Taking care of the problem at hand is the best way to protect your family from the toxins produced by mold. For our typical DIY-ers out there, this is not the type of project you should attempt to do on your own. Getting directions from sites like YouTube, Pinterest, or a typical search engine may be incorrect and may just make the problem larger. Doing the mold remediation incorrectly can be more of a danger rather than just leaving the mold alone. Doing it incorrectly may lead to even more exposure to the dangerous toxins and may lead to the contamination of unaffected areas of your home if not done accurately.

SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor is the team to trust for all of your mold remediation and mold inspection needs. Our goal is to protect you and your home and to do the remediation promptly and safely. We intend to leave your home in the best possible conditions. Back to preloss conditions. SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor technicians are certified in both Water Damage and Mold Remediation services so you know you are receiving the best services possible for your home.

Even if you are not physically able to see the mold that does not mean that it is not present. If you have any reason to believe that you have mold residing in your home, SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor is here to check for you! Our certified and professional inspectors will address your concerns and let you know of any issues. 

Give us a call today to schedule your inspection!

(530)899-9141

License#: 1013416

Other News

View Recent Posts