SERVPRO Tips for Mold Damage
Did you know that in as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly grow and spread to areas of water intrusion in your home or business?
Mold is known to cause health effects and can greatly compromise the safety and structure of your home or business. SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor is your local mold specialist. Our employees have been trained specifically to handle your mold damage safely, effectively, and promptly. SERVPRO has the proper protective gear, specialized equipment, and sense of urgency to get you back in your home or business in a timely manner.
The best way to handle mold is to take care of it as soon as you notice it. Consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- When you have a water damage in your home it is important to get your SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor professionals out immediately to stop the migration of water and to contain the affected area. Not taking care of the problem can lead to secondary damages which include mold.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory issues.
- Keeping people away from the mold site is the best way to protect them from mold related health issues initially.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind the drywall or under carpeting.
- It is important to report this right away to avoid further damage and health risks.
What to do after finding mold in your home or business:
- Stay out of the affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC systems and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor for an inspection of the affected area.
What NOT to do after finding mold in your home or business:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible mold or suspected mold growth
- Don’t attempt to dry out the area yourself
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
If there is suspected mold in your home or business, SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor has the expertise to handle the situation. We are proud to be a part of and to serve our community.
Call us today- (530)899-9141
License #: 1013416