Keeping a Fire Out of Your Restaurant
SERVPRO appreciates the hard work and excellent service that our local restaurants provide for this community. Serving in the food industry can be dangerous work with building maintenance, knife work, cooking and kitchen fires. Kitchen fires are a big safety concern and can stand between a restaurant staying open and a restaurant closing. Having a fire in your kitchen can be devastating, that’s why SERVPRO is here to help.
Here are a few ways to prevent a fire in your restaurant –
Perform standard maintenance routine and inspections on all of your electrical equipment.
By taking the time to thoroughly inspect all of your equipment you can prevent an electrical fire by happening while the equipment is in use by an employee. Make sure that you schedule your inspections and perform maintenance rapidly upon discovery of an issue.
Minimize the spread of grease.
The most common cause of a kitchen fire is the accumulation of grease. Make sure to complete cleanings of your kitchen and the equipment daily to ensure that grease does not build up and cause a fire while cooking.
Clean the exhaust hood.
The exhaust hood over a stove can become clogged with grease, dust and soot from the smoke which can result in a fire. Make sure to perform a thorough cleaning of this on a routine basis to prevent damage.
In the event you do have a kitchen fire what should you do?
Call your friends here at SERVPRO! We can assist you with not only restoration services but board-up services, appliance cleaning, content cleaning, structure cleaning and duct cleaning to cater to your specific needs.
Give us a call today to find out what we can do for you to save your business after a fire.