Recently Experienced a Small Home or Business Fire? Call SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor! We’re Always Here to Help!
Smoke and soot are very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our highly trained SERVPRO staff inspects and accurately assesses the extent of the damages, and then develops a comprehensive plan of action.
Every smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, as each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. Our staff will always treat you and your possessions with the outmost respect and care. SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor is a Full-Service Restoration Company that will work with you and make your home like new again, "Like it never even happened."
Here are some facts about smoke and soot:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 530-899-9141