Are you ready for a FLOOD of information?
Flooding is the most common natural disaster! They can cause billions of dollars’ worth of damage every year. Even if you don’t live in a high-risk flood zone, there is still a chance that flooding can affect your property.
Below is more information on different flood categories to help you understand what risks you could be facing:
- Flash floods occur when heavy rainfall causes a fast, rapid rise of moving water that sweeps everything in its path. Generally, these occur in less than six hours and can move large objects such as trees, rocks, and even cars.
- Costal flooding is caused by strong winds or storms that move towards the coast during high tide. When powerful waves breach the coast’s dune, the area will be flooded. Coastal areas with fewer defenses and lower elevation are the most affected.
- River floods are characterized by gradual riverbank overflows caused by extensive rainfall over an extended period. The areas covered by river floods depend on the size of the river and the amount of rainfall. River floods rarely result in loss of lives but can cause immense economic damage.
- Urban flooding occurs when the drainage system in a city or town fails to absorb water from heavy rains. The lack of natural drainage in urban areas can also contribute to flooding. Although water levels can be just a few inches, urban flooding can cause significant structural damages.
- Pluvial floods form in flat areas where the terrain can’t absorb rainwater, causing puddles and small ponds to appear. This mainly occurs in more rural areas, however agricultural activities and properties can be seriously affected.
At SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor we are water damage restoration specialists! We are always ready to restore your home or business back to pre-water damage condition. We’re available 24/7 to provide you with quick extraction and state-of-the-art drying equipment!
Call SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor to help restore your property!