Northern California Emergency Disaster Cleanup - Flood, Fire, Mold, Smoke & Soot
Leave the cleaning to us! Call SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor today!
Any disaster cleanup can be a hassle. The mess left by floods, fires, or mold is a lot to handle by yourself.
Sometimes, the most damaging thing from a fire is the smoke and soot that comes with it. Our cleaning professionals are trained to remove any traces and odor left by smoke and soot after a fire. Getting rid of the mess after a fire is a difficult job, and it requires knowledge and experience to be completely successful.
The same is true when it comes to removing mold, mildew, and sewage. With our trusted professionals, you can be sure the damage from any disaster will be minimized as much as possible.
Cleaning services from SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor will take care of the mess so you don’t have to!
If you’ve already had to deal with the stress of a disaster, let us take the stress out of the cleanup! We are available 24/7 to help with any emergency, at any time.
Commercial Fire, Water and Mold Cleaning Restoration Services – Chico, California
SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor is here to help your business!
SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor restores damaged businesses in the Chico, California area and surrounding Northern California communities. We appreciate our customers and understand the importance of getting your business back up and running.
Through our many years servicing our community we have developed valuable relationships with local businesses to help them plan for emergency response, disaster recovery, and business continuity. We are a locally owned and operated SERVPRO franchise and do our best to bring you value and experience knowing that the area's most highly skilled SERVPRO professionals are on your side and ready to quickly respond 24/7 365.
Some Commercial Loss Services include:
- Identifying your businesses or offices priorities.
- Expediting the insurance process and meeting specific requirements tailored to your insurance company.
- Because we are part of the highly respected national SERVPRO brand we have the experience, contacts, and resources available to handle any size loss.
- Deodorizing and sanitization.
- Providing a full scope of services such as reconstruction, cleaning, drying, and temporary storage.
- Equipment and resources to bring commercial office buildings, schools, restaurants and hotels, government buildings, churches and warehouses to a fully recovered and to a “back in business” state in the shortest time possible.
We take pride in our SERVPRO team of professionals.
Commercial buildings are also public spaces which require special considerations for employee and customer health and safety. As a business owner your focus is on damage costs, business and revenue interruption, and safety. SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor is well versed in the details of workplace air quality and surface biohazard safety.
Water damages often produces mold. Fire damages leave smoke, soot, and ash residue which can get into the walls, floors and HVAC systems of commercial buildings. Hospitals and eldercare facilities are business that need to be sure they are cleaned, sanitized, and deodorized on a professional level.
Mold and mildew along with airborne dust and debris becomes a complex cleanup project. This is what we at SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor do best.
We understand commercial risk and are certified in IICRC commercial restoration guidelines for effective commercial property loss mitigation.
- We seal entryways and open areas.
- We use negative air systems and commercial air scrubbers to extract and clean contaminated air.
- Our air scrubbers are fitted with industrial HEPA filters.
- Our SERVPRO technicians are fitted with respirators and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Every project step is documented and supervised by a project manager or crew chief to ensure quick and professional results.
SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor is your business resource for any size clean-up project! From a leaking bathroom to a storm to a fire related roof collapse, call us today! Anytime of the day or night, SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor is always here to help!
Benefits of SERVPRO Professional Fire and Water Damage Restoration Services
Call SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor for your fire or water damage restoration needs! 530-899-9141
Fire and Water Damage Restoration Specifications
Fire and smoke damage can be some of the most devastating events to happen to your home or business. Just a spark of flame can burst into fire causing substantial damage. For a company who has faced the wrath of fire damages we, SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor, understand how important it is to professionally clean smoke residue and sanitize the entire space. Every item from the furniture, flooring, windows, lighting, and even the entire structure needs to be cleaned and sanitized.
Additionally, it is important to check whether there may or may not have been an impact on the structural foundation, and to carry out restoration work accordingly. Emergency fire restoration professionals will access your home and provide a detailed estimate of the impact of damage. Hiring a professional restoration service is extremely necessary to ensure that your home or business is made to feel “Like it never even happened.” ®
SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor uses equipment designed specifically to prevent further damage.
Professional damage repair companies can assist in helping with the restoration service at any uneventful hour. Removing moisture prevents your residential space from mold, mildew and even bacterial development. A professional team, like SERVPRO, can perform thorough clean up procedures using the most appropriate tools available. We have the professional cleaning supplies and are equipped with the tools required for getting the work done.
Professional fire damage restoration also includes eliminating smoke particles that are highly corrosive. Smoke damage can leave chemical traces and even a bad odor that can last for years, if not treated well. Using a professional company like SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor we can ensure that the proper steps are taken to return your property or business to a safe and clean state.
Professional companies with experience in fire damage restoration analyze the space damaged by fire, then provide a detailed report about the damage that has occurred to the property. Fire restoration service providers must incorporate the most appropriate techniques in the industry. Regions located close to the coast are more affected by these impacts.
Call Us 24/7 - (530) 899-9141
Northern California is one such area that has been highly affected by the tremendous climatic changes. Here at SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor we take pride in the services we offer, because most of us know firsthand how traumatic fire damage can be. We can access premises that have been devastated, providing proper clean-up benefits. Those acquiring such services can easily restore their property back to its original value.
Call SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor today, we’re always here to help!
Find and Follow our Social Media Pages for more information and tips!
Winter is Coming – Follow these tips to stay safe this chilly season!
Call SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor! We're always here to help!
With the recent public safety power outages, homeowners may be forced to take uncommon and drastic measures to provide heat. Ensure that you’re following all safety guidelines for the methods you use, whether it be an inside propane burner, candles, wood stoves or open flames. Even when the power is on traditional space heaters and electric blankets deserve precautions – clearing away low hanging sheets, towels and checking extension cords for bad plugs and frayed insulation.
Our SERVPRO office in Chico, has received many phone calls from residents who have experienced Winter related fires in kitchens and living areas - all in an attempt to keep warm. Our highly trained SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor technicians understand that accidents happen.
Helpful Tips For Home Fire Safety
- When the power is out, it is usually a bad choice to use propane heating units inside living areas simply because of the danger of carbon monoxide build up. CO2 is highly lethal in strong concentrations. Without odor or smell the gas from internal space heaters can cause loss of consciousness for occupants.
- Extra caution is advised with an open heating flame being too close to unseen combustible material such as paper, bed sheets and fabric towels.
- When the power is on be on the lookout for damaged electric wall sockets and exposed wiring in extension cords. Also keep in mind that home electrical wiring and the circuit breaker can only take so much wattage on a circuit. Always follow the voltage limits and manufacturer directions on the device.
More Tips for Space and Propane Heater Safety
- Space heaters require a clear, flat surface for safety and to remain stable while in operation.
- Don’t put space heaters on carpets or rugs.
- Newer model heaters are installed with a floor shut off device that if the unit is leaning or falls shut off occurs. Check your heater to make sure it has that device.
- The key safety point for propane heaters is to have adequate ventilation to outside air. Also, battery powered combination smoke and carbon monoxide detectors installed around heating areas can be potential life savers – especially at night when temperatures drop, heaters are left on and occupants are asleep.
- Finally, children, pets and the elderly or those persons with compromised immune systems can be especially susceptible to the inhalation of invisible heater off-gassing, fumes and CO2.
Your friends here at SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor hope that by implementing the above guidelines you may never have to experience the impact of a fire damage resulting from unsafe space heaters, propane heating units, or electrical device malfunctions.
If you do experience any fire damage events in your home call us immediately for a fast day or night response from our trained and qualified technicians.
Call SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor Today!
Experiencing a Water Damage in Your Home? Call SERVPRO of Chico-Lake Almanor.
Call SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor for help on your next water damage! 530-899-9141
Water Damage occurs in many forms.
Safety is always the first concern, for your loved ones, yourself, your home or business and its employees.Water damage can occur in many forms:
- Heavy rain pouring in through an unknown weakness or leak in your roof
- Frozen or broken water pipe
- Fire sprinklers inside your home or business being accidentally tripped
- Trying to repair a leak on your own, and forgetting to shut off the water first
- Crack in toilet or shower
What we don’t often think or remember about is the extinguishing of a structure fire and the resulting acidic-soot slurry. This is where SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor can come in and help make this difficult time just a little bit easier. We can be by your side from the beginning. With 24-Hour emergency services, we’re always here to help. We work closely with your insurance agents and adjusters to quickly take action and asses the damages.
If you have a water damage in your home or business, call SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor and we’ll help make it “Like it Never Even Happened.” ®
Water and Property Destruction
Almost everyone has come across some type of water damage in their life. Whether it be in their parent’s home when they were little, their apartment, or their own home! Large or small most of us have our own story from a water loss experience.
What some people don’t know are signs to look for or points of awareness that can help stop a small damage from turning into a large loss.
The following list outlines the points of awareness.
Wallboard and drywall:Usually, the first point of contact for leaking water is the chalk based dry sponge of your walls or ceiling. Sucking up and consuming water within minutes, expanding, tearing, and sometimes requiring immediate removal and drying the inner wall area of studs and insulation. Make sure to keep an eye on the walls and ceilings of your home. If there is some discoloration you may have a leak.
Plaster, Insulation and Solid Wood: All of these building compounds are inside homes and Commercial businesses. These materials are very porous and absorb water at a rapid rate. Within hours of a water leak starting these all become repositories for incoming water, loosening and stretching, requiring fast removal.
Particle Board: What is particularly dangerous in this material is the glue and chemicals used to construct it, like formaldehyde.Lying dormant these chemicals react to the moisture, and just like water hitting fire ash, the residue releases and the toxic water breaks down the structural composition. While this doesn’t happen immediately, it’s definitely scary to think about.
Carpets and laminated floor coverings:Within minutes of a water damage starting, foam padding and carpeting start absorbing water and may have to be pulled up and away from the drywall. Tile and linoleum flooring, along with accompanying grout and industrial glue will sometimes need to be scraped and pulled up to remove the wet, toxic putty of industrial glue and sealants.
At SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor we arrive as fast as we can. This allows our company to, many times, completely save, dry, clean and restore your home or business to a “Like it never even happened” ® condition.
We take care of every step in the process – water extraction, drying, mold remediation, cleaning and sanitizing.SERVPROexperts are your first line of defense when these unexpected water emergencies occur.
Call SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor, we’re always here to help!
For more information and tips follow our Social Media pages!
Does your business have an Emergency Ready Program?
Is your business prepared for the worst?
With the threat of wildfires, flooding, and vandalism the North State has seen the past could years, having a plan in place is essential.
Being prepared is crucial for making it through any kind of disruption the weather may bring, whether it be from a fallen tree, leaking roof, burst pipe, or fire. It's hard to imagine something like that happening to you, but when it does it's always at the worst times. Understanding what to expect in advance is key to helping minimize any time lost for your business. SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor is here to help! We offer an Emergency Ready Profile at NO COST to you!
This profile contains important and helpful information you and your staff will need in case of an emergency such as gas, water, and electrical shut offs, a list of preferred contacts for electricians, plumbers, or your utility company. There is an app for smart phones and tablets, a hard copy is delivered to your business, along with tags placed on shut off valves informing you and your staff of the proper steps to safely shut off.
By working with SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor to create your custom Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) you will be one step closer to reducing the potential loss your business could experience from a water, fire, or mold damage.
SERVPRO is a leader in fire and water damage, with a 24/7 on call service we can help you quickly get your home or business running like normal.
When life happens, call SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor
Find and Follow us on Social Media!
Facts about water damage
Water damage emergencies aren’t common problems for property owners, but when flooding occurs due to clogged drains, broken or leaking pipes, or the weather, it becomes a problem of overwhelming proportion. When these emergencies are unfamiliar, a million questions arise that you don’t have answers for. Here are some important pieces of information that you should know.
The water that damages your property could be highly contaminated and could cause illness or even death. Not every water damage situation is treacherous to your health, but some are and you should take the proper safety measures for each situation.
- Water contains bacteria that could be hazardous and could cause illness.
- Highly contaminated water that comes from sources such as sewage backup, overflowing toilets, or storm water is the most polluted water and can cause serious illness or death.
Cleanup needs to happen immediately:
Secondary damage happens quickly in water damage situations. Within 24-48 hours, mold growth occurs and can cause significant structural and safety issues. To minimize damage, it is important to extract the water and dry the affected areas immediately. SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help minimize the extent of the damage.
Call us today!
General Contractor License: 1013416
Regular Home Maintenance Summer/Fall
Regular home maintenance should be done on a monthly and quarterly basis to extend the life of your home and save yourself money. Here’s a list broken down for summer and fall....
1. Open exterior crawl space vents. This allows outside air to circulate under the floor and prevent the moisture buildup that can create mildew and rot.
2. Switch direction of ceiling fan blades. Put it in the down position so the blades circulate in a counter clockwise motion to create a breeze.
3. Clean/repair your deck or patio. You may need to power wash, re-stain, or re-seal your deck. This is also the time to check for any loose boards, bricks, etc. and get them fixed.
4. Repair and paint fences. Take this time to remove stains, brace wood rails, fix leaning posts, repair buried rot, and fix any gates that need it.
5. Clean out and de-clutter the garage. Clear out and donate the clutter and establish designated spaces for tools, sports equipment, etc.
6. Clean and store summer garden tools. This is also a great time to plant flowering spring bulbs.
7. Cover and store outdoor furniture and grills. Propane tanks always stay outside for fire safety purposes.
8. Clean gutters. Clogged gutters can result in water damage, ice dams, or become a happy new home for vermin.
9. Inspect the roof for cracks or damage. And arrange to have any necessary repairs made before the first snow or heavy rain.
10. Test the snow blower. And make sure you know where your shovel is. This is also a good time to buy sidewalk sand/salt.
11. Check weather stripping on windows and doors. Proper weather stripping will keep drafts out and can save you 30 percent on energy bills.
12. Check the pavement for cracks. You’ll want to get any cracks re-sealed before the snow and ice come, as water can freeze in the cracks and do considerably more damage.
13. Winterize air conditioning systems. In the late fall, cover the outside unit of your central air with a tarp or remove and store window units.
14. Have the heating system serviced. Do this before temperatures drop.
15. Do tree and branch maintenance. Falling trees and branches can do an enormous amount of damage. Remove dead or damaged trees and limbs and consider having someone come to check out your property to make sure you’re not missing anything and your trees are all healthy.
16. Disconnect sprinklers. Do this before the first freeze. You’ll also want to shut off valves to outdoor faucets and drain and store hoses.
General Contractor License#1013416
SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor
What is fire restoration?
Fire damage restoration is the act of cleaning and restoring property as well as personal belongings that have sustained smoke or fire damage. The goal of fire damage restoration service is to salvage damaged items and restore your home so that it can once again be inhabited. Restoration companies are able to diagnose the causes of your fire and provide restoration and reconstruction solutions.
Fires can and do cause massive amounts of damage, destroying your property and bringing massive amounts of unhealthy smoke and soot along the way.
The benefits of hiring a restoration company for fire clean up are...
Securing Your Health
The dangers of fires last well beyond the initial incident. Ash, soot, and the potential for mold may linger for years if they are not professionally dealt with immediately. Also, some fires may release dangerous compounds like asbestos into the air. A fire damage restoration company will assess the damage, secure the area, and ensure that you enter a safe and welcoming home.
Saving You Money
If left untreated, the damage to your home may compound over time. Odors may linger and settle further into the walls, and mold may begin to grow underneath your floors. These problems can be expensive to fix in the future, but a reputable fire damage restoration company will get rid of them before it gets worse.
Fires are always a tragedy, and having your home returned to its original state will help with the healing process. A restoration company will do everything they can to save your treasured belongings, and they will get your home back to its original condition as quickly as possible. Plus, you will return home with confidence knowing that it's safe and free from future complications.
If you’ve recently experienced a fire in your home, contact SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor today! 530-899-9141
General Contractor License # 1013416
Air duct cleaning involves removing the dust and contaminants that exist within the duct-work. This includes all areas of the system, including the supply and return air ducts as well as the registers in each room.
The air ducts in your home have a very important job. They circulate the air flow from your heating and cooling equipment throughout your home to ensure it is properly conditioned at all times.
A professional duct cleaning service will use special blowers, brushes, vacuums, and other tools to remove dust and debris from your furnace and HVAC system. Parts cleaned include, but are not limited to:
- Return Ducts
- Air Handler
- Drain Pan
- Heat Exchange
- Air Filter
- Air Cleaner
A good rule of thumb for homeowners is to clean your ducts every three to five years. This is the minimum, as this is the length of time that it can take for the ducts to fill back up with grit and grime after a thorough cleaning. However, some homeowners are going to need more frequent cleanings. this becomes increasingly important after fire, smoke, or mold growth. In these cases, SERVPRO can often restore the HVAC system and duct work.
The benefits of having clean air ducts is to improve higher indoor air quality and energy savings.
Call SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor for your duct cleaning needs! 530-899-9141
General Contractor License #: 1013416