When There’s Water on the Floor, Who You Gonna Call? SERVPRO!
SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor provides 24-hour fire and water damage restoration service in Butte County and Surrounding Areas
SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help –
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect –
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor –
SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor is a 24/7, 365 Full Restoration Company. Let us also handle any repairs that come after the mitigation services.
Recently Experienced a Small Home or Business Fire? Call SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor! We’re Always Here to Help!
Smoke and soot are very invasive!
Call SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor to help!
Smoke and soot are very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our highly trained SERVPRO staff inspects and accurately assesses the extent of the damages, and then develops a comprehensive plan of action.
Every smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, as each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. Our staff will always treat you and your possessions with the outmost respect and care. SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor is a Full-Service Restoration Company that will work with you and make your home like new again, "Like it never even happened."
Here are some facts about smoke and soot:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 530-899-9141
When Storms or Floods hit Butte County - SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor is ready!
Storms in the Butte County Area causing roof damage?
Call SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor to help!
SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. This week marked the first week of Winter. The Winter season brings in the new year, hot chocolate, warm blankets, and the possibility of winter storms.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we understand how important a fast response is to the restoration of your home. Our team of highly trained staff are here to respond quickly to your disaster. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Butte County and the surrounding areas, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor is a full-service restoration company open 24 hours, 7 days a week. Ready at any time to respond to emergencies without delay!
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today
SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor 530-899-9141
When a Butte County Property Sustains Flooding Damage, Call SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor!
This flooded basement was caused by storm damage! Looks like they need to call SERVPRO!
It is tragic when a flood brings devastation and water damage to a Butte County home -rapid water removal, clean up and repairs must certainly get underway as quickly as possible for your home to get back to normal.
Safety is a top priority. If you have experienced a flood in your home, proper safety evaluation should be completed before entering. Call SERVPRO to have a water mitigation specialist come inspect the home for damages and any safety issues you may have.
Call your insurance agent to find out if you will be covered under your homeowner policy. An insurance adjuster will be dispatched to your property to inspect the damage and offer a settlement. Ask for help in retaining a competent water damage restoration company. SERVPRO does work with many agencies and municipalities in California. We can assess and document all water damaged items, help you with your claims and paperwork, and expedite the water removal and restoration. We can check your home for structural damage and any possible electrical issues since water and electricity are a dangerous duo. This inspection will indicate to you the severity of the water damage that your home has suffered and any potential health issues you may have to address during the process of getting the flood damage repairs done on your home.
When these concerns have been addressed, and if you have been given permission to enter your home, take pictures of the flooded areas of any damaged belongings, including damaged furniture. This, along with the input from SERVPRO, will help you to be fairly compensated by the insurance company.
Once you have done the documentation and the adjuster had done his inspection, then the clean-up starts to get under way. The home needs to be made dry and needs to be cleaned up as soon as possible to prevent any other damage from occurring. This will also lessen the likelihood of mold and mildew growth. Contamination is a given if the flooding is the result of groundwater intrusion, whether from rain, bodies of water, or a sewage back-up. Do not attempt to clean and sanitize on your own! The potential for future illness is too great.
It is wise to call the professionals from SERVPRO; because they can immediately begin to pump out the water and mitigate on-going water damage. And they have the skill and knowledge, along with the professional equipment required to start and complete the entire restoration process for you.
After the water removal and clean up are in operation, then repairs need to be done. They could be extensive, depending on how much structural damage has occurred and the condition of the contents of your Butte County property. SERVPRO can start with water removal and finish your project with complete restoration services, "Like it never even happened."
We're Highly Trained Storm Damage Specialists
As water and storm damage specialists, SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor has the experience, equipment, and advanced training that enables us to restore your property quickly.
We're Faster to Any Size Disaster.
Call SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor 24/7, 365!
Restoring Your Butte County Commercial Property After a Water Damage Event
SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor is always here to help your home or business!
Flooding and water damage events at commercial properties in Butte County and the surrounding areas are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a small water cleanup or a large-scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. Here at SERVPRO, we understand how important it is for businesses to return to normal operations as soon as possible.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged property and protect the privacy of the business. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So, when an emergency arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need!
About SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor
SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor is a 24-hour Full-Service Restoration Company!
Meet our Staff!:
License #: 1013416
SERVPRO Is the Answer for Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration
A Butte County home affected by a large fire that affected their entire home. Good thing SERVPRO was there in time to save the day!
SERVPRO Is the Answer for Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration
Historical buildings, hospitals, education facilities, parks, non-replaceable valuables, and your homes are what make up the beautiful Butte County. To think that any one of them could be damaged by fire is unthinkable. However, fires do occur! Whether natural or from a storm, a property fire can be the result of arson, electrical cord malfunctions, or human error.
We are your go-to fire restoration company.
If there is ever a fire in the Butte County and surrounding areas, call SERVPRO! We have specialized equipment and the expertise to help you through this tough and stressful time. We believe in a “restore first” mentality to lower costs and get you back in your home or business sooner. Our professional teams have received IICRC training in restoration techniques. We have the experience to restore your property quickly.
We are locally owned and operated and proud to be part of this community.
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
We are dedicated to responding immediately when you need help with emergency damage situations. Our remediation process involves an industry approved inspection/damage assessment, an immediate board-up and roof tarp service, removal of water if present, removal of smoke and soot from all surfaces, cleaning, sanitizing, deodorizing and the final steps of restoring you back to a pre-fire condition. We will make it "Like it never even happened."
We don't arrive on the scene of your fire, work a little bit, then leave. We will be there when the fire trucks leave, and we will be there until your property is fully restored. When your restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate your move-in according to your needs. We will treat your property as if it were ours, with respect and care.
As SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor is the leader in the restoration industry our reputation is based on our customer service and our expert remediation services. The restoration process begins when you call us. We can respond rapidly because we are locally owned and operated.
Call us today at (530) 899-9141 and let us explain our services and answer any questions you may have.
Did you know SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor is a Full Services Restoration Company?
License #: 1013416
Are you ready for a FLOOD of information?
Northern California Flood, March 1997
Flooding is the most common natural disaster! They can cause billions of dollars’ worth of damage every year. Even if you don’t live in a high-risk flood zone, there is still a chance that flooding can affect your property.
Below is more information on different flood categories to help you understand what risks you could be facing:
- Flash floods occur when heavy rainfall causes a fast, rapid rise of moving water that sweeps everything in its path. Generally, these occur in less than six hours and can move large objects such as trees, rocks, and even cars.
- Costal flooding is caused by strong winds or storms that move towards the coast during high tide. When powerful waves breach the coast’s dune, the area will be flooded. Coastal areas with fewer defenses and lower elevation are the most affected.
- River floods are characterized by gradual riverbank overflows caused by extensive rainfall over an extended period. The areas covered by river floods depend on the size of the river and the amount of rainfall. River floods rarely result in loss of lives but can cause immense economic damage.
- Urban flooding occurs when the drainage system in a city or town fails to absorb water from heavy rains. The lack of natural drainage in urban areas can also contribute to flooding. Although water levels can be just a few inches, urban flooding can cause significant structural damages.
- Pluvial floods form in flat areas where the terrain can’t absorb rainwater, causing puddles and small ponds to appear. This mainly occurs in more rural areas, however agricultural activities and properties can be seriously affected.
At SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor we are water damage restoration specialists! We are always ready to restore your home or business back to pre-water damage condition. We’re available 24/7 to provide you with quick extraction and state-of-the-art drying equipment!
Call SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor to help restore your property!
SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor – Commercial Drying Specialists
SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor is IICRC Certified! Call us today!
SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor is always looking for ways to better serve the Butte County Community. In this pursuit, the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certifications(IICRC) have declared the Chico/ Lake Almanor team have met the requirements for the Commercial Drying Specialist (CDS) title!
Since 1972, the IICRC has certified and developed certifications and standards for inspection, cleaning, and restoration. The IICRC also serves are valuable consumer referral source for certified technicians and firms. They provide education and testing in a similar fashion to Universities. There are even prerequisites that must be met before an individual or a company can gain certification in a course or track. Just check out their website by clicking here!
What we’re saying is that SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor always tries to exceed industry standards.
Having the ability to offer companies commercial level drying is a HUGE benefit not only for us, but for you too! Whether it’s a Hotel, Apartment Complex, or your dentist’s office, SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor can quickly respond to reduce your businesses interruption.
When emergencies happen, call SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor!
Helpful Fire Safety Tips for Appliances!
SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor is here to help!
Household appliances make our lives easier. However, every machine that operates on electricity or gas presents safety risks and should be used according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Listed below are some essential appliance fire safety tips to help you prevent disasters in your home:
General Safety Tips
- Keep appliances at a safe distance from wet areas, especially in the bathroom, kitchen, garage or basement.
- Keep potentially flammable items such as furniture, clothes or curtains, away from heaters or appliances that produce heat.
- If an appliance or lamp sputters, produces a spark or gives you a shock when running, have it repaired as soon as possible.
- Never force an appliance with a three-prong plug into a two-prong outlet or extension cord.
- Never run cords under carpets or rugs, as this can damage the cords and cause a fire.
- Check the wires of appliances regularly. Replace or repair frayed, damaged wires.
- Don’t plug too many plugs into an electrical outlet; plug only one wattage appliance into an outlet at a time.
- Unplug all small electrical appliances, such as irons, toasters, hair dryers, and shavers when not in use.
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home. Test the alarms once a month and replace batteries each year.
- Properly ground clothes dryers properly and keep the area around your dryer clear of things that can burn.
- Always use a lint filter when operating a dryer and clean the lint from the filter before or after each use.
- Vent dryers directly outside using rigid or flexible metal venting materials. Make sure the air exhaust vent pipe is not restricted.
- Clean out the lint from the vent pipe once a year or more often if clothes are taking longer than normal to dry.
Electric or Gas Ranges
- Remove grease or other debris from the burner, stove top or oven. Never leave combustible items near ovens.
- Always supervise the range when cooking and turn it off when you leave the kitchen.
- Roll up your sleeves, tie back long hair, and be cautious to avoid slips, trips, and/or falls.
- Before using the range, make sure you don’t smell gas inside the oven or near it.
- Try to only use the dishwasher when you are home. If a leak were to happen and no one was home the damage could be far worse than if you were able to stop it.
- Avoid using extension cords as a permanent solution to power the dishwasher. Plug your dishwasher into a grounded wall socket.
- Check the plastic components that release the detergent on the interior of the door. If damaged, these components can cause water to leak over the machine’s internal wires, resulting in a fire.
- Keep heaters at least 3 feet away from flammable materials like paper, trash bins, furniture, drapes or carpet.
- Place heaters on a stable, horizontal surface (preferably on the floor) where it can’t be knocked over easily.
- Never use aluminum foil or metal in a microwave oven, as metal can start a fire. Use only microwave-safe food containers or dishes.
- Microwaves are not designed for drying or sterilizing baby bottles, clothes or blankets.
- Clean the microwave, including the outer edge, from food debris, grease or stains regularly.
While household appliances make out lives easier, they can cause a lot of damage if not used properly. Here at SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor we’re always here to help!
Need Smoke or Fire Damage Cleanup Services?
Call SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor – (530) 899-9141
SERVPRO in Chico, CA - Water and Storm Damage Specialists for Butte and Surrounding Counties
Choose SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor, a local company that specializes in storm and flood damage!
Heavy rainfall in localized urban space can cause small stream flooding.
SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor, as storm, flooding and water damage specialists, has the advanced training and years of local experience that allows us to quickly and professionally restore your property.
We use IICRC restoration industry standardized drying principles. We document and validate every step of the process to ensure your property and contents are dry and the job is complete.
Call Now! 530-899-9141
Dealing with Rainwater and Flooding
- Keep towels and a mop ready to remove excess water.
- Wood furniture wet? Remove electronics and tabletop items to wipe off excess moisture.
- Collect upholstery and cushions from sofas for drying.
- If you have wet carpeting use foam blocks or aluminum foil to prop chair and table legs.
- Color dyed rugs can run when wet. Remove if they are placed over wet carpeting.
- Move important family heirlooms, documents, and/or contents to a dry and safe location.
- Remember safety. Move wet or slippery items from walkways and traffic areas.
- And one more thing…. Many times, we have found that residents forget to remove valuables from underneath beds! Make sure you double check!
When you are hit with a sudden storm, flood or water damage our professional and trained team here at SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor is ready for a fast 24/7 – 365 response to your home or business.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we understand the complexities of storm, rainwater and flooding damage. The goal of fast response is to stop water intrusion whether through your roof or leaks from groundwater, save what is possible, lessen damage and reduce restoration costs. We train our crews to high standards and provide them with the technology and state-of-the-art restoration industry equipment to handle any commercial or residential job of any size. More rain, hail and wet weather is coming. Remember to call SERVPRO!
Choose SERVPRO of Chico/ Lake Almanor, a local company that specializes in storm and flood damage restoration.
We’re always here to help!
Call Now! 530-899-9141