Finding Mold in Your Home or Business?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere both indoors and outdoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. The other restoration businesses advertise "mold removal" or "100% guaranteed mold removal" which is just a fallacy as it cannot be done. SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor is the one company from which our staff are certified and knowledgeable of the IICRC Standards. Unlike the other companies, we understand the mold exists naturally in all environments and it is impossible to guarantee the complete removal of all mold spores. SERVPRO does not specialize in "mold removal", rather, we advance in Mold Remediation.
Mold Remediation is the process of reducing the mold spore count in your home back to its natural or baseline level. Consider the following facts about mold:
- Mold is present almost everywhere- indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along the air. They may enter your home through windows, doors, AC/Heating systems, or may hitch a ride on your clothing or pet.
- Mold spores thrive and grown on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water must be addressed. Otherwise the mold will return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty, odor and using that sense can lead you to the mold growth region.
- Even higher-than-normal humidity can support mold growth. Try to keep indoor humidity below 45 %.
If your home or business has a mold problem, call SERVPRO! We can inspect and assess your property and resolve your specific mold problem.
Did you know that SERVPRO of Chico/Lake Almanor is a 24/7 Full Service Restoration Company? Let us also help you with your repairs after the mold remediation has been completed!